CROWNS AND BRIDGES
R Dentists in Mississauga offers a wide variety of restorative options, including crowns and bridges. These restorations provide fast, economical, and attractive solutions for damaged or missing teeth. We use several different materials to meet the individual needs of each patient.
A crown is a restoration that completely covers the tooth, similar to a thimble. Your dentist may recommend a crown for:
- Restoring the size and shape of a damaged tooth
- Repairing a tooth with large cavities, when the structure will not support a filling
- Supporting a dental bridge
- Covering a dental implant
- Repairing a fractured or broken tooth
- Restoring a tooth that has worn down significantly
A fixed bridge is used to replace one or more missing teeth. There are various designs, but the most common is a prosthetic tooth fused between dental crowns. The benefits of dental bridges include:
- Fill the gap, restoring the appearance of your smile
- Prevent other teeth from shifting
- Restore your ability to speak clearly
- Improve chewing efficiency
- More stable than a removable partial denture
Crowns and bridges can be made from various materials. Your dentist will recommend the most appropriate, depending on the situation and your preferences.
- Porcelain – This is usually the material of choice for aesthetic restorations. We use e.max crowns, which are made from lithium disilicate. They mimic the color, translucency, and light handling properties of tooth enamel for a lifelike appearance.
- Porcelain fused to metal – This type of crown provides the strength of metal, coated with tooth colored ceramic material. It is a good balance of durability, affordability, and attractiveness.
- Zirconia – This is a high strength ceramic, with cosmetic properties similar to porcelain. It’s a great option for aesthetically minded patients who clench or grind their teeth.
Call us at (905) 567-6757 for an appointment.